Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Another Post for September 1, 2015

I am reviewing again.....anticipating what I may post tomorrow?....and discovered that I had another post for September 1, 2014.....
Seeing the gas prices in September last year compared to what they are locally now.....
Last years picture on 9/1/14 had gas at $3.19 / gallon.  And, we thought that was decent at the time.
Gas locally today, 9/1/15, is $2.45 / gallon!  What a difference that would have made in our gas budget!
Looking at daily pictures on the blog, I am remembering the beautiful fields and the beautiful sky and puffy clouds especially after we started our day being overcast.  
I had brought knitting to preoccupy me....and I am not a consistent knitter, but, I love the yarn and the yarn colors.  I had started a "scarf" way before we left home and thought I would be creative and add different textures and different neutrals to the scarf and make it somewhat eclectic....it has become more wide and some point...adding stitches I didn't mean too....but, it is still pretty...angora, sparkly strands, twisted neutral colors.....I worked on it pretty steady in the car.....and now home a year and I have not pulled it out of the knitting bag once!  See how dedicated I am to knitting?......see what the iPad has done to me?   :-)

Phil is a good driver (I will qualify that some time)  and I felt like 'Miss Daisy' being driven to destinations, trying to help him by being the navigator....and, realizing that I did not sit at the wheel once on this trip and spare him driving.....however, I also did not doze too often while he drove and by stopping early that also helped the "sleepies."  We had brought several Louis L'Amore books on tape.  We felt that was appropriate traveling west, but, we like Louis L'Amore too and have listened to his stories for years.
We also listened to "Mike and Mike" on ESPN radio every morning.  I became a quick study on all the NFL players and coaches getting ready to start their football season.  And, that knowledge has stayed with me...being able to go one on one intelligently about football with Phil and our grandson, Dylan. I am a little rusty this year so, I guess I will have to turn on ESPN.  
Phil is a muncher....so, plenty of pretzels, carrots and apple slices.....we rarely stopped at McDonalds....in fact, I think the only time we stopped was in Illinois on the way home?

I know this is mundane, but, I am "journaling" and remembering.....
Thanks for enduring me.....
Journey Mercies......

No comments:

Post a Comment