Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Kansas City, Kansas

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Kansas City, Kansas

Our travel part of the day was shorter than usual.....traveling about 4 hours to arrive at my aunt and uncle's house in Lenexa, Kansas.  Hugs and smiles all around!

We headed out this morning from Wichita, Kansas and had to get the car washed.

Car Wash Art.    (Photo Desperation!)

Kansas Grazing Land - it's flat and it's green!

My Aunt and Uncle's Home

She had prepared a lovely cold lunch for us......chicken salad, fresh fruit salad and rolls.

My Aunt is an Artist.  She has beautiful art around her home......art that she has done and other pieces that she appreciates.  This piece was a gift from a friend.  I apologize for catching the reflection of the chandelier.


This is one of her originals.....as a graphic art student the assignment was to do a project on architecture.   She choose the Empire State Building, the Guggenheim Museum, 
Christmas Lights at the Kansas City Plaza, four Electric Towers in Kansas City, 
And, a Building at IU...I don't recall the name.  Another one of my favorites.

Quilts 

My cousin made this fall leaf quilt several years ago for my uncle's birthday which is in October..

My uncle had a nice surprise for me (us) ......he got his old projector out and we watched old home movies from the 1960's......great childhood memories with cousins....... 
Christmas time, wagon rides, horse back riding, playing games, Toledo Zoo.....it was great!

We also showed some of the pictures of our trip....

We ended the day with a lovely dinner.  My cousin C. and her nephew, B. joined us and there were hugs and smiles all around!
Thank you my Dear Aunt and Uncle for a lovely afternoon and evening.  You have always been the Best!!

Tomorrow, Thursday, October 2, 2014....we head home.  It is a 12 hour drive/day.
But, we are ready to head it home!  And what a great way to end our trip......with family.

It truly was a TRIP OF A LIFETIME!

NOTE:  I will continue the blog for a little while longer.....with reflections and a few more pictures.  Thanks for traveling with us!

Love you all!
Journey Mercies

No comments:

Post a Comment